MediCA Park is the next phase of a new employment development in Oro-Medonte with the focus of bringing economic development and jobs to the Township and County. Adjacent to the Oro Station Automotive Innovation Park and across Line 7 from the Lake Simcoe Regional Airport; the project will focus on non-automotive industrial use with an emphasis on medical and personal protective equipment. As we currently navigate the COVID-19 crisis it has become apparent that Ontario and Canada must bolster its manufacturing capabilities within our borders to ensure sufficient capacity to support our healthcare industry.
About the Project
- The Medical Innovation park is an 82 acre advanced manufacturing park with a focus on medical manufacturing facilities.
- Opportunity for Ontario to strengthen its medical supply infrastructure to ensure sovereign self-sufficiency and mitigate risk from foreign protectionist policies
- Proximity to Lake Simcoe Regional Airport (LSRA) provides unique opportunity for air-freight during times of medical emergency. LSRA can accommodate B737-800 aircraft with international range.
- Under-utilized property adjacent to automotive innovation development and across from Lake Simcoe Regional Airport
- Multiple manufacturers looking to expand within Simcoe County and unable to locate economically viable, large acreage industrial sites.
- Economic growth for regional companies allowing for continued success for products Made In Simcoe County.
- Opportunity to foster joint venture manufacturing and innovation within Ontario